Saturday, January 22, 2011

Holding out

So my appointment went well on Thursday.... except for the fact that my counts were not high enough to start the stem cell collection on Friday. So we will head back to the doctor on Monday and hope that my counts are high enough then. While I was at the doctor, they decided to hang a bag of fluids because I appeared to be slightly dehydrated. The fluids actually made me feel quite a bit better and gave me more energy. Yay for fluids!

Also, I got a new wig today! Or rather, I got back my old wig that had been restyled. Last time I was sick I was fortunate enough to have a loving grandmother who purchased a human hair wig for me (I'm not even gonna tell how much those things cost). I wore it a lot (practically every day actually) since I was in school, so when I pulled it out of the box a few weeks ago it looked a little tattered. It had thinned out a lot in the time that I wore it, so I was fairly sure it was done for. Well, a couple weeks back when I went to go purchase a new synthetic hair wig, we brought along my old wig for the ride. Tracy, the woman that owns All About You- a fantastic salon and wig shop here in Plano that you should TOTALLY check out if the mood strikes you- worked her magic on my old wig. She cut about 4 to 5 inches off and made it into an angled bob. It is tres chic and super duper cute. Basically, I love it. She turned the tattered old wig of yesterday into the adorable and stylish new wig of tomorrow. I seriously feel like it's an entirely new wig. I'll probably sleep in it... Just kidding.

Please pray that my counts are up on Monday and we can start the collection! Oh also, pray that my nose heals. I got a nasty infection where my nose ring is Wednesday night, and since my counts are low it has been painful and it isn't healing well. I'll update next week about the collection :)

3 comments:

  1. Brenna!
    I love that you're doing this blog! I'm sorry to hear your counts weren't high enough to start the treatment yet- praying for better results tomorrow!
    AND I'm so excited to see your old/new wig! I remember when you got your hair cut into a bob before you started wearing the wig last time, and it was so cute! So that means we have to get together so you can show me! Please please please text or call me any time you're feeling well enough to hang out- I'd love to see you!
    You are one lovely lady with an awesome attitude- keep it up!
    -Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't describe how much I admire your positive attitude girl. =] Love you and praying for you always!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm reading! >xXCROSSS/FINGERS/TOES/HANDS/ARMS/LEGS/EYESXx< (yes.. pretzel style!) for ya.

    Danya

    ReplyDelete