Thursday, January 6, 2011

Apparently... I'm Impressive

Well, the doctor's appointment yesterday was a success! My counts aren't just up... they're WAY up. My white blood cell count went from 0.6 last week to 23.5 this week. My doctor's were freaking out haha. So I can once again go out in public, which I will be taking full advantage of before I am admitted to the hospital again on Tuesday morning where they'll knock my counts back down again. After my doctor's appointment yesterday, I went to go get my haircut since it has been thinning since Sunday. Well, A LOT fell out during the haircut and over the past couple of days. So... it's a bit patchy. I've been wearing hats since the haircut, but in a couple of days it may just be time for it to go. Ah well, that's just part of it, huh? However, I have come up with a list of things that are awesome about not having hair...

1. The length of my showers will now be cut in half!
2. I never have to worry about brushing through knots.
3. I no longer have to worry about shaving. Anything. Ever.
4. When I get ready in the morning, I now only have two options... scarf or fake hair. Or possibly hat. Easy easy decisions.
5. People will pay more attention to my face?

Well I don't know about that last one haha, but there are definitely some silver linings :)

3 comments:

  1. I love that you're able to laugh about this. Thinking about you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Brenna, you make me smile!
    I've been keeping you in my prayers! I hope things are going pretty well. Miss you, dear!
    Much love

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are the only person I know who would list reasons having no hair is awesome. THAT is why you're impressive, Brenna Eileen! I love you and miss you tons!

    - Phoebe

    ReplyDelete